the same discussion with business leaders all the time. How can you turn prospects into clients? This is a loaded question so let’s just take a tiny piece of it first. What then, is a lead? A lead is revenue opportunity you can win, satisfy the needs of the prospect, and helps your company fulfill it’s vision. In other words, it’s qualified and mutually beneficial for both you and the prospect.
Here is a list of 10 questions that can spell the difference between a qualified lead and a colossal waste of time!
- Does the prospect have a need to buy your product or service?
- Does the prospect have the willingness to spend money now?
- Does the prospect have the authority to make a decision to buy?
- Does your company currently have the capability to bid for the work?
- Does this opportunity fit the overall strategy of your company?
- Is the prospect’s organizational structure documented & are decision maker roles understood?
- Have Past Lessons Learned been Reviewed and Action plans developed to win, delivery and satisfy the prospect?
- Have the Competitors been identified?
- Has the Market/opportunity value and probable company profitability been established?
- Is the prospect’s acquisition strategy (including funding schedule) known?